Isn’t it? We have to take so many decisions and think over them and take new ones! There are so many emotions to cope up with and so many rides to adjust to. This post is dedicated to them all!
I found this tag on The Book Nut and I just had to do it!
I love doing tags. In fact, I created one of my own, too! It is called ‘Let’s Talk WordPress Tag’.
Let’s dive into the Reader Problems Book Tag!
- You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
This is such a realistic situation. I really do have 20,000 books on my TBR. I decide on the basis of my excitement level for the book and also the genre I am in the mood of.
- You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I just tell them I can’t and that it is very delicate and that they can read at my place in front of my eyes but cannot take it beyond the boundaries of my vision as it would hurt my feelings and our friendship and I would never talk to them again. Yes, polite.
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
Yes, sometimes. But, other times I just cling to the hope that I might like it towards ending. I also feel like I’m half-way through and it would all go to waste if I don’t finish it. However, that had been changing lately.
- The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I don’t really set myself reading challenges or goals. It just flows, you know. Sometimes, when I am on a spree I literally run through all my books! But, sometimes it takes me a lot of time to trudge through them. So it is very relative AND I don’t believe in being forced to read.
- The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Oh, my. Well, it certainly will fill me with an unsatisfactory feeling but, I won’t pay heed to it and just not think about it. My Jane Austen books are not the same editions so their covers are different but, I still keep them in the same shelf and don’t worry about it.
- Everyone loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I literally would take it to my blog and bookstagram to let people know that I do not like a book and while most people would like it, I am sure to find a few who would resonate with me!
- You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I cry. I don’t control my emotions when I am reading even if I am surrounded by people. I just don’t feel the need to let anybody’s presence come in the way of the surreal relationship between my book and me. Don’t know if it’s a bad thing or not.
- The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
If I’ ve forgotten A LOT, I would consider re-reading the previous book. But, if I’ve forgotten only a bit of A LOT, I would just read the sequel. Wow that made no sense.
- You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I actually posted a blog post that lists many ways to beat the reading slump! I would prefer to take up short reads and listen to audiobooks which always help. You can check out all my tips by clicking here!
- There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I think I’d do the buying slowly and let it be a gradual process. I’d buy a couple at a time, read a few and then buy the rest. This way I would be satisfied of productive buying and not just increasing the number of unread books on my shelves. At least, I’d TRY not to increase the number.
- After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Well, that time period can range from one day to one year or ten seconds to ten decades.
What is your favourite answer of mine? Can you relate? Let me know!
Also, do you like this tag? Feel free to do it!
Did you like this post? If yes then like, comment, and share!
Check out my previous post here.
Connect with me on:
- Instagram: @bustleboutbooks
- Twitter: @meher_gandhi
- Goodreads: Meher Gandhi
- Pinterest: thescribblings