Huge thanks to James J. Cudney for nominating me for ‘Blogger Recognition Award’! Yay! If you haven’t already checked out James’ blog, you need to now! He is a wonderful blogger and a wonderful author at the same time. I recently reviewed his latest book on my blog. You can check it out here.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED:
Almost three years back, I had written two articles which I quite enjoyed writing. I liked how I got all my heart poured out via my articles and I couldn’t help reading them over and over again. That’s when it struck me. I wanted everyone to read them because both conveyed messages I truly believe in. So, I thought of starting a blog. Now, I don’t know how I got to know about what exactly a blog was and how it would have helped me but, I was passionate about sharing my work with the outside world. All I knew was I had to go for it. This usually happens with me. When I am ardently passionate about something, I just dive into it. I cannot even wait to check on all the pros and cons. I just shoot for it. Bad thing, good thing, I don’t know!
Since grade 3, I’ve been penning down my own poems and reveries. Now was the time for me to finally take a step towards sharing my work with others.
I went on Google and searched for the best blogging sites. I created an account in some other site and somehow, I wasn’t that satisfied with it. So I decided to start over at WordPress! And well, now we all know how much I like it here!
Starting my own blog has definitely been one of the best decisions I’ve ever taken! Thank you for making this journey I’ve ventured on, so far, great!
TWO PIECES OF ADVICE:
You guys have already asked me to do a tips post for bloggers and newbies. I will soon be doing a full-fledged post which will talk about all such advices and tips, not that I am a pro (not at all!) but I would like to have you guys benefit from my experiences!
For now, two advices are as follows:
- Be authentic. Do not decide your forte of writing on the basis of what others post. Take time to come up with your own unique ideas. Ideas aren’t popcorns. They won’t just keep popping in your head so be sure to take time. Write representing your heart.
- Don’t worry about the numbers. Be patient. Start doing it and things will fall into place. You don’t have to fret over how many views you get, yet. Just be focussed and consistent. There will come a time when you’ll be able to stand tall somewhere you’ve always dreamt of being.
Congratulations to my nominees! Awaiting your award posts!
That’s it for the award! Loved doing this one! Once again, thanks to James!
Also, I am soon going to reach 1k supporters on my blog! So thankful! This time, I’m going to celebrate it differently!
Found this post nice? Then, like, comment, and share!
Check out my previous post here.
Connect with me on Twitter! (@meher_gandhi)