On receiving the most prestigious award on WordPress, all I’d like to say is thank you to each and every one who has ever told me that I write well. Thank you!
Heartfelt thanks to Winnie for nominating me for ‘The Liebster Award’! Winnie, you’re amazing and I am extremely glad that I stumbled upon your blog! I would suggest all of you to check out her blog!
For the ones who don’t know, ‘Liebster’ is a German word which means ‘dearest/nicest’.
Here are the rules:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
My answers to Winnie’s questions:
- What book are you reading right now? Please share a quote from that book.
I am actually reading two books right now- Persuasion by Jane Austen and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. My favourite quotes from each of them are:
How quick come the reasons for approving what we like.
~ Jane Austen, Persuasion
“I won’t blast people out of my way just because they’re there,” said Harry. “That’s Voldemort’s job.”
~ J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows
- Who’s the most influential person/leader who had the most impact in your life? Why?
The most influential people that I have in my life are my family members and my true friends. You see, there isn’t any ONE person who has impacted my life in a major way. To be honest, all the people I’ve met in my life till now have impacted my existence in some way or the other. However, the ones who are dearest to me and have actually made me who I am are my family members and true friends. They are the ones who’ve taught me the basis of living- the difference between good and bad, acceptable and unacceptable.
- If you could meet the most influential person (past or present), who would it be and why?
From the past, I wish I could meet Mother Teresa. I would love to meet the great embodiment of love and peace. Basically, I would like to meet all the leaders who believed in being courageous and kind. Mother Teresa is surely one of them.
From the present, I so wish to meet Selena Gomez because she is an influential person who holds the power to express and sing and be what she actually is. Oh dear, you don’t want me to actually start talking about her.
- What is your favorite compliment you received about yourself?
Well, my favourite compliment is probably that I’m kind and always prove to be a good companion and leader. Also, it truly delights me when anybody tells me that I write well.
- Is there something you would want to change in yourself?
I am always trying to learn and improve myself. I am always in the quest of perfection even though it is unattainable. So yeah, if there is something to be changed or modified in myself, I only get to know about it while I am walking on the paths. As of now, I don’t think I want anything to be changed in myself.
- What are the changes you have observed in yourself and are you proud of them?
Oh, there are so many of those. I have transformed from an introvert who preferred staying in the self-made bubble to becoming an extrovert who loves to learn and experiment. Yes, I am proud of this transformation.
- Why did you get into writing?
Writing is what defines me. Writing is what comforts me. Being able to express the emotions in the form of words is in my opinion, nothing less than being able to perform magic and magic is something I truly believe in.
- Give yourself a tagline.
Being exactly who I wish to be- me.
- What does success mean to you?
Well, to me, success is a state of mind wherein I am happy and do not regret anything at all. Yes, that’s what success is- being happy in the heart.
- Who are you? (Write as much as you want)
I am a vehement spirit who loves to capsule her reveries and learnings in the form of words and scribblings. I am somebody who is understanding and I believe that there is a whole universe of ideas and undefinable greatness that resides within each and every one of us. I am what my writings reflect. My words, that’s who I am.
These are all the questions and I must say, that I enjoyed answering these amazing questions!
I feel glad to nominate:
- Lass X
- Smriti Chawla
- Jay Pines
My questions for my nominees:
- What does writing/blogging mean to you?
- If you could visit any of your favourite destinations right now, which one would it be?
- If you could change one thing about this world, what would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
- Do you ever face writer’s block/blogger’s block? If yes then, how do you deal with it?
- If you could describe your writings is one word, what would it be?
- What comes to your mind when I say the word ‘peace’?
- Do you think the present and the future generations will be able to bring about more of love and harmony in the world or do you think the worms of greed and hatred will consume us all?
- What is the one thing you like the most about blogging?
- Do you like to read? Which is your favourite book?
That’s all for this award! Once again, I thank Winnie and all you guys who have always kept me motivated!
Found this post nice? Then, like, comment, and share!
Check out my previous post here.
Connect with me on Twitter! (@meher_gandhi)